Alfonso T. Yuchengco is a prominent industrialist, certified public accountant, educator, and diplomat in the Philippines.
He heads the Yuchengco Group of Companies, one of the largest family-owned business conglomerates in the Philippines. He is the Chairman of Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation, one of the largest commercial banks in the Philippines. He is also the Chairman of the Mapua Institute of Technology, a leading engineering school in the country.
Yuchengco holds a Bachelor of Science in Commerce, major in Accountancy, from the Far Eastern University. He took and passed the licensure examinations for certified public accountants in the Philippines. He attended graduate classes at the Columbia Business School of Columbia University in New York City.
He received a Doctor of Business Administration from De La Salle University, and a Doctor of Laws, honoris causa, from Waseda University in Japan.
Yuchengco is the Chairman of the Yuchengco Group of Companies. He is also concurrently the Chairman of the Board of MICO Equities, Inc. (holding company of the Malayan Group of Insurance Companies); Pan Malayan Management and Investment Corporation; Mapua Institute of Technology; Nippon Life Insurance Company; and the Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation.
He has been the Chairman of the Board of Directors of GPL Holdings; House of Investments, Inc.; BA Savings Bank; Dole Philippines; Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company; Benguet Corporation; and the Philippine Fuji Xerox Corporation.
- Name: Alfonso T. Yuchengco
- School Attended:
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce, major in Accountancy,Far Eastern University (year)
- Columbia Business School of Columbia University, New York City
- Doctor of Business Administration, De La Salle University
- Doctor of Laws, honoris causa, Waseda University, Japan
- Yuchengco Group of Companies, Chairman
- MICO Equities, Inc., Chairman
- Pan Malayan Management and Investment Corporation
- Mapua Institute of Technology
- Nippon Life Insurance Company
- Rizal Commercial Banking Corporation
- GPL Holdings; House of Investments, Inc.
- BA Savings Bank
- Dole Philippines
- Philippine Long Distance Telephone Company
- Benguet Corporation
- Philippine Fuji Xerox Corporation
- Bantayog ng mga Bayani Foundation
- Philippine Permanent Representative to the United Nations
- Presidential Adviser on Foreign Affairs in 2004
- Presidential Assistant on APEC Matters in 1998
- Philippine Ambassador to Japan in 1995
- Philippine Ambassador to the People’s Republic of China from 1986 to 1988
- Presidential Special Envoy to Greater China, Japan and Korea
- Order of the Sacred Treasure, Gold and Silver Star, from the Emperor of Japan, 2003.
- Grand Cordon of the Order of the Rising Sun, from the Emperor of Japan.
- Order of Sikatuna, Rank of Datu, from then Philippine President Fidel Valdez Ramos.
- Knight Grand Officer of Rizal, Knights of Rizal.
- Order of Lakandula, Rank of Bayani (Grand Cross).
- Most Distinguished Alumnus and Hall of Fame Awardee, Far Eastern University, 1955 and 2003.