Oscar M. Lopez is chairman and chief executive officer concurrently of Benpres Holdings Corporation (Benpres) and First Philippine Holdings Corporation (First Holdings). Benpres is the publicly-listed holding company of the Lopez family for major investments in broadcast, telecommunications and cable, power generation and distribution, and road and water infrastructure. First Holdings is the specific associate holding company for power generation and distribution. Also he is he head of Meralco, ABS -CBN , and Maynilad Water.
Mr. Lopez was born on April 19, 1930 in Manila. He studied at the Harvard College and graduated cum laude (Bachelor of Arts) in 1951. He finished his Master’s degree in Public Administration at the Littauer School of Public Administration, also at Harvard, in 1955. He is married to Ma. Consuelo R. Lopez, and has eight children and 26 grandchildren.
Mr. Lopez is the son of Don Eugenio H. Lopez Sr., the distinguished entrepreneur-founder of the Lopez conglomerate in the Philippines. He took over the helm of the Lopez Group upon the death of his eldest brother, Eugenio Jr. in June 1999.
- Name: Oscar M. Lopez
- Birthday : April 19, 1930
- Spouse: Ma. Consuelo R. Lopez
- Harvard College
- Harvard University
- John F. Kennedy School of Government
- Children: 8
- 2007-2008, Former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Metro Pacific Tollways Corp.
- 2007-Present, Chairman, Energy Development Corporation
- 1999-2004, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Benpres Holdings Corp.
- 1998-Present, Chairman, Chairman of Compensation & Remuneration Committee and Member of Nomination Committee, First Generation Corporation
- 1986-Present, Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, Chairman of Nomination Committee, Chairman of Executive Committee, Chairman of Compensation & Remuneration Committee and Chairman of Investment & Finance Committee, First Philippine Holdings Corp.
- 1966-Present, Director, ABS-CBN Broadcasting Corp.
- Chairman, Chief Executive Officer, President and Chief Operating Officer, ABS-CBN Holdings Corp.
- Chairman and Chairman of Bayan Telecommunications Holdings Corporation, Bayan Telecommunications, Inc.
- Chairman and President, Lopez, Inc.
- Director, Manila North Tollways Corporation
- Chairman, Asian Eye Institute
- Oscar Lopez is a member of the Conference Board (a worldwide organization) and the Management Association of the Philippines (MAP).
- Mr. Lopez was a recipient of MAP’s Management Man of the Year Award for the Year 2000.
- One of the top 20 finalists for the Asia Business Leader Awards Year 2004 given by CNBC and TNT International.